WELCOME TO THIS PAGE INTENDED FOR STUDENTS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WESTERN CAPE REGISTERED IN 2009 FOR THE MODULE:
15 JUNE 2009
VENUE :GH 2
TIME: 12h30 - 15h00 (2 and a half hours)
1. Go through exactly the same preparation steps as you did for the final examination.
2. Work through the FINAL PAPER you wrote on 2 June 2009.
3. If you have any problems, seek help from your lecturer, Room 2.35 EMS Building, Ph. 021-959-3892, or e-mail: email@example.com
4. CONCENTRATE ON PROBLEMS SUCH AS GIVEN BELOW.
5. DON'T PANIC, but prepare WELL!
QUESTION 4 (8 marks)
Determine the following:
4.1 The ratio of property rates payable for the site to that for the building (improvements) where the site is valued at R125 000 and the building at R1 050 200.
4.2 The difference between the two electricity charges when the usages are 700 kwh and 675.12 kwh.
4.3 The charge for water consumption if the consumption is 34 050 litres and of which the first 7.5 kl is free.
4.4 The monthly refuse charge if a refuse bin is removed twice weekly.
4.5 The sewerage collection charge for 14 681 litres of which the first 8 kl is free. (8)
QUESTION 7 (10 marks)
7.1 Simplify the following expression:
7.2 Factorise completely:
(a) -40a² + 80a+ 2520
(b) 2p²(–q + 0.25) – p(q – 0.25)
QUESTION 8 (5 marks)
Solve simultaneously for x and y:
© DESMOND DESAI, DMD EDU-HOME, 2009
All rights reserved. Designed and created by Desmond Desai, South Africa. This page is protected by Copyright. No part of this page may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form of by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright holder.